Okay, I have about 10 minutes to jot down a few words about my birthday weekend.
- First of all, Nancy Goens DID write again, although she assured me “she is done” now. I will let you know if that remains the case.
- Friday night traffic was a bear, but Rita was still able to salvage the night; we went out to dinner and then she gave me some presents. She had hints on each present so I would have to try to figure them out…..it was very fun! The coolest present – which happens to be the reason I am writing this right now – is a USB wireless modem! So I can get on the internet anywhere I need to (that doesn’t already have a wireless connection)!!!!
- Saturday, Edgar, Rita, Kirstie, Kenny and Josh really DID take me out to bowl! Those stinkers took advantage of the fact they could beat me with my bum shoulder! I bowled right handed and did pretty darn good actually! Although Rita had a stellar first game at 157! Kirstie had to go to work, but she got some great frames in too and we all have great fun together.
- Then, we all went to Dave & Busters for dinner and more fun. Kenny won me a huge pink stuffed animal for my birthday. We also played tons of games. Note here that I totally whooped Rita in basketball…..she tried several times afterward to beat my score, but didn’t come close. Ba ha ha ha.
- The boys came to my place and spent the weekend, which was great fun. One funny end to my birthday is that I bought Kenny an early Christmas present – DRUMS! Well, they will be at Edgar’s house and I bought practice pads for them, but it was SO FUN to pick them out, set them up, and play on them! He has already gotten pretty good at the basic rhythm I taught him! It was nice being able to get the drums considering I have been unable to for a long time.
That’s about it for now. School is still going, I am still getting settled, and my shoulder continues to heal. In fact, I can go about 6-8 hours before I even think about pain pills now. It is encouraging. I start physical therapy this Friday.
Okay, I better get back to work!