I suppose it’s not that original to create a blog entry to recap a year. However, I do think it is a great exercise to focus on the blessings that have occurred, especially when so much online and in the news seems to focus on what is wrong in society. Perhaps I’ve buried my head in the sand, but there WERE many great blessings for me 2015.
- After Deana received her new awesome job at the end of 2014, we put our house on the market in Texas. Selling during the winter/holiday season can be stressful, and I often worried that we’d be waiting for months for any real offers. However, a little over a month on the market and we got a WONDERFUL offer that was honestly perfect. Even with me being in Australia, we were able to push it through.
- Concurrently, we also had found a wonderful home in Georgia, thanks to Tiffany who gave us a heads up about it! The selling of our Texas home was the missing piece, and since that went through we were able to move forward with our relocation. Moving with two families that are changing states can be a logistical nightmare, but in our case it was VERY smooth! The dates worked out perfectly! I thank your buyers as well as the sellers as they were very accommodating across the board.
- Moving is never fun, and there were quite a few hiccups throughout the process, but looking back from the advantage point of “today” made me realize – in the scheme of things – everything went really okay. We are settled in our beautiful home, we have more than what we need, and we have friends and family to love. What more do we need? AND, I so love living in “the country”!
- January 2015 another work milestone was accomplished – our Australia locations went live on our ERP system. This was a pretty big endeavor, and with the distance it made it quite interesting. SO MANY were on the team for sure, and we had our hands full for a few months after they started, but as I look back I am very proud not only of the Aussie Staff, but for the IT Project Team that made it happen. Blake, Cary, Tiffany, and Scott THANK YOU.
- June 2015 kicked of the UK portion on the ERP system rollout. Many faces continued on this leg and I have to admit this is probably the biggest and best rollout to date! Internal staff absorbed many of the tasks and it has totally rocked. We go live there in a few days and I am very hopeful.
- On that note, I was very glad to add Matt to the mix, which is totally awesome. He came from our vendor and rocks, except for his love for the Green Bay Packers.
- Speaking of football, 2015 has proven to be a great year for the Vikings! We made the playoffs and are tied with the Packers going into the post season. While I am still being encouraged to consider switching alliances by becoming a Cheese Head, for now I am waiting for next Sunday to see who wins the GB-MN match up. Purple, after all, is still my favorite color! (Marisa and Sarah……green is not bad, I just apparently need more time to consider this and maybe walk more win prep for running from Deana!).
- This year also proved to continue with the kids growing and maturing, despite my demands that they stop. I cannot believe the old pics of the kids in comparison to their pictures today! I am ALWAYS blessed when I look at them and am grateful that the Lord has placed them in my life. ❤
- Of course, there’s my hot wife. We have continued to work our marriage (and, HA!, marriage can sometimes be WORK!), and I am forever thankful that the Lord has blessed our marriage and has reminded both of us to look through love, especially when “life” can be the biggest distraction.
- I was able to have ALL my kids in my house during the holidays, which blesses me beyond words!!!!!
Our prayer for you today, the last day of 2015, is that you feel peace and love! And we also pray that you feel and receive tons of blessings in 2016. Happy New Year!