Today is May 19th, a very special day. Why, you ask? Well here is some historical context for the day:
- 1536 – Anne Boleyn, the second wife and queen consort of Henry VIII of England, was beheaded at the Tower of London for adultery, incest, and high treason.
- 1643 – Thirty Years’ War: The French led by Louis II de Bourbon, Prince de Condé scored a decisive victory against the Spanish in Rocroi, France.
- 1649 – The Rump Parliament passed an act to formally establish the Commonwealth of England.
- 1802 – Napoléon Bonaparte, First Consul of the French Republic, established the Légion d’honneur order as a reward to commend civilians and soldiers
- 1919 – Mustafa Kemal Atatürk traveled to Samsun to establish the Turkish National Movement to resist the partitioning of the Ottoman Empire after World War I, marking the start of the Turkish War of Independence.
- 1922 – The Young Pioneer Organization of the Soviet Union, a mass pioneer movement for children of age 10–15, was founded.
However, as compelling that is, the above is NOT why today is special! Today is my Dad’s birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!
My Dad is pretty awesome! Of course I am not completely biased, but I HAVE known him for a long time! He is handsome, strong (physically, emotionally, spiritually, and intellectually), kind, and loves deeply. He is my model in life – I can attribute so much to him, including my love for rock! I could go on and on, but suffice it to say I am very proud of him and love him very much.
LOVE YOU DAD! I am so glad you’re mine!