So, as often is the case with us stubborn and inadequate humans, we focus on the wrong things. Our finances, our aches and pains, conflicts in our lives…..the list goes on. Too often, we are so focused on these things, we lose sight of the beauty and miracles that surround us! I fall within this area quite often. So, today, I am taking the time to focus on all that God has done for me and mine………
- I HAVE mentioned this before, but I will state it again – my current job was a direct answer to prayer. It was miraculous how the timing was perfect, and I love it. No amount of time goes by that doesn’t remind me how amazing God is when I consider this.
- God provided a means to allow me, the kids, and Deana to have our current home. This was a HUGE miracle and believe me when I say, if it weren’t for direct blessings from the Lord, it would not have happened.
- Kirstie was laid off from CVS in April. She also needed to find a new place to live. She has no immediate family in California with her. But we prayed and God’s response was better than ANYTHING we could have believed. Kirstie found a new apartment, then received a call from a different CVS offering her a job. And said job? RIGHT next to her new apartment! Walking distance! And even more than that, her first week she got 40 hours! THAT never happened at her other CVS! Thank you Lord!
- Deana finished her teaching credential program and is now certified to teach in Texas. That is a HUGE blessing and a wonderful accomplishment. Now, we are asking the Lord to provide the perfect job, JUST in time when her unemployment benefits expire!
- We, as a family, have been blessed by our new church. In the short time we’ve attended, we have received amazing friendships. Further, we have all been fed spiritually, which has girded us up for the trials we have had to face in recent weeks.
- One day this week, while I was driving to work, I was contemplating the issues with my health, the impact all my hospital bills were having on my budget, and such items. Usually, these thoughts would create great anxiety in me and it would affect every aspect of my life. And, not to minimize the concern – it definitely is there. However, it hit me that I felt complete peace. COMPLETE! And that seemed remarkable to me. And I attest that this can only be attributed to my God.
The list goes on and on, but suffice it to say, God is Good, all the time!