Okay, so I still have my job. Not the outcome I really hoped for, but things seem to have settled down. More on that later (well, in another post).
Today I turn 41! That’s not so bad (picture me saying that to myself, over and over….). I woke up to the best today!
- Calls from Zack and Sophia, who I haven’t talked to in some time, and it was great
- Calls from Kenny, who insists on saying that I look good for 50! (Wonder where he gets THAT from?)
- Edgar called too and he was pretty nice, although he IS 6 years older than me!
- Rita gave me a lovely card and dark chocolate kisses as well as an adorable card from Nike and Gracie.
- Teddi sent nice birthday wishes via text.
- I have a coffee press at work and yummy Espresso, so the caffeine is flowing!
- Kirstie called this afternoon and made me smile. She is sweet AND sarcastic, just like her ma.
- LOTS of comments on Facebook, which is cool.
- My crazy sister Linda called and sang her very own rendition of Happy Birthday. Thank GOD my hearing is off! lol
Sorry if I forgot anyone! And I will add more later as they happen……
Tonight Rita and I are going out someplace. Tomorrow Edgar, the kids, and Rita are taking me someplace else – all hush hush – although Kenny said we’re going bowling, which is quite hilarious considering I just had surgery on my shoulder! That kid so has my sense of humor and that freakin’ SCARES me!
Speaking of my shoulder – it’s a little better everyday. Still sore, still stiff. I like not having to wear my sling but sleeping on my left side is still a bear. I am looking forward to physical therapy.
Okay, best get going and all that!